The summertime is a great time to try some new fun dessert ideas that the kids can not only make but also will enjoy with their buddies, so over the last two summers we've been collecting our favourite summer desserts from friends and family.
Here are 5 of my favourite family-friendly desserts for the summer!
1. Pineapple "Orgasm" No-Bake Dessert is guaranteed to make you beg for more! My mom's go-to dessert for summer entertaining, I promise this will become your favourite too...just don't say the name in front of the kids!
2. Fruit and Brownie Pizza is Jayden and Zackie's Godmother's signature dessert dish! She loved making it with kids last summer! Make the brownie crust first then add the topping for a pretty presentation and delicious treat!
3. Homemade Beavertails! A favourite in my house with Nutella, peanut butter and some Reese's Pieces, but now I've found the perfect way to make them at home! What a simple recipe from Inspired Edibles.
|The Classic Beavertail - Source: National Capital Commission|
4. Brownie S'mores are the perfect campfire treat! We learned how to make these with my parent's neighbours last summer and they were a HUGE hit! Cut up two-bite brownies and put them inside a marshmallow for a twist on the classic s'more!
5. Take an ice cream bar on the go! We love to buy PC little tubs of different flavours and make a trip to the Bulk Barn for our fave toppings like mini M&Ms, nuts, gummy bears and crushed Oreo! Pack it all up with little waffle bowls and head to any backyard BBQ! We are also going to try to make this homemade ice cream in a Ziploc bag.
Happy Summer! What are your favourite summer desserts?